Fiberfest Eureka ~ A Fiber Arts Rendezvous ~ Festival Eureka Fiber Fest
1st weekend in August
Lincoln County Fairgrounds in Eureka MT
Saturday, August 1st: Gates open at 8:30 AM
08:30 AM ~ Vendor booths, Barns, Demonstrations & Petting Zoo open
08:30 AM ~ Alpine Spinners & Weavers Guild begin day long fiber arts demos
09:30 AM ~ Kid’s (ages 8-18) Hands-On Dog Herding Demo
with Desiree Moffett in Sheep Arena
10:30 AM ~ Sheep Shearing Demonstration w hoof trim
11:00 AM ~ Fleece skirting demonstration - Fine Wool, Longwool and Alpaca
02:00 PM ~ Showcase of the Sheep Breeds – A presentation and showing
of each of the sheep breeds and the uses of each
05:00 PM ~ Vendor booths and Petting Zoo close
06:00 PM ~ Taste of the Breeds BBQ begins
Sunday, August 2nd: Gates open at 10:00 AM
10:00 AM ~ Vendor booths, Barns, Demonstrations & Petting Zoo open
10:00 AM ~ Alpine Spinners & Weavers Guild begin day long fiber arts demos
10:00 AM ~ Sheep Milking Demonstration
11:30 AM ~ Raw Fleece Show & Judging Demonstration
12:30 PM ~ Pablo Maldonado demonstrates alternative AI method
+ Time for Q&A on AI technique
02:00 PM ~ Herding Demo and obstacle course
by Desiree Moffett in Park/Field south of barns
03:00 PM ~ Spinners Lead – A fashion show of garments made from sheep, shown with sheep
03:00 PM ~ Vendor drawing for free booth next year
04:00 PM ~ Vendor booths, Barns and Petting Zoo close & checkout begins
We are planning on another exciting, fun and fascinating event. We will have many vendors as well as a variety of hands on demonstrations working with the natural fibers for spinning, weaving, felting, crocheting, knitting, etc. We will have the animals here that provide many of the fibers as well as a petting zoo the whole family can enjoy! There will be a fleece show, including evaluations and judging for fleeces.
Our goal is to bring together the best of fiber arts and fiber agriculture and to promote awareness to the general public about the fiber industry.
**Special COVID note: We will proceed with our 17th annual Fiberfest this year and will have additional health and safety precautions in place. If you do not feel well or are in a high risk category, please do not attend this event. Please respect personal distancing and space of others. The use of masks and gloves are recommended, but not required. Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your convenience. Check here for the current Montana information.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions!
Same weekend as the Eureka MT Annual Quilt Show
Lincoln County Fairgrounds Camping
Eureka MT Lodging
Visit NW Montana site
Schedule of Events for 2020
General Reminders & Guidelines
- FOR 2020 - PLEASE MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING per COVID-19 Guidelines
- Entry forms and fees must be received by Friday.
- All entries not mailed must be checked in by 12 PM on Saturday.
- All items must have cards attached or properly identified as specified for that division. These will be available at sign in.
- Pets ARE allowed on the grounds but absolutely must be on a leash at all times and not causing a disturbance.
- Children must be attended at all times.
- DO NOT feed any animals on exhibit.
- DO NOT enter any pen with an exhibited animal except with the owner.
- We reserve the right to turn any animal away that may be considered unhealthy.
- Camping is available on the fairgrounds at $10 without electricity or $15 with electricity per night.